Friday, March 10, 2006

The Prodigal Pundit

Shorter Sullivan: Because I was wrong before I was right, I’m better than those who were right from the start.

I guess it’s kind of like how ex-sinner born-again Christians see themselves as being better than regular Christians.  To be honest, though, I’ve always felt a bit squeamish about rubbing the new anti-Bush converts’ faces in their old Bushie ways.  It sure feels fun, but it’s a good way of pushing them back into the Bush category.  Sullivan himself insists that he’s not a new anti-Bush convert, because he’s always had a few criticisms of how Bush did things; once again proving the point that a true Bushie is supposedly unquestioning in everything.

Then again, I’d kind of prefer that dopes like Sullivan stay on the other side.  I’ve honestly never read anything of his that I was particularly impressed with, and would prefer to not associate with fools with such lousy track records as Sullivan.  Even his accurate statements (such as his pro-gay, anti-torture stuff) are so obvious that it really didn’t need to be said; and was only quoted because it came from a fool like Sully.  To me, somebody who lives in a dreamland 85% of the time doesn’t deserve special recognition for the 15% that they’re living in our world.  

Even now, I was amazed at how he acts like he’s paid his dues and properly expressed contrition for his wrongfulness, while continuing to mask how egregious his attacks against the anti-war crowd were…and still are.  To the point that he’s once again changed his:” The decadent left in its enclaves on the coasts is not dead -and may well mount a fifth column,” to the new and improved: “I predicted that a small cadre of decadent leftists in enclaves in coastal universities would instinctively side with America's enemies. They did. Some still do.”  Yes, he has indeed shown remorse.  Unfortunately, it still continues to clash with his life in Fantasyland.

No comments: